Play-A-Latte Cafe is currently hiring creative and outgoing individuals for full-time and part-time Barista roles in a unique opportunity geared towards families.
Play-A-Latte is like no other cafe. Our vision is to be a highlight of the day for our guests. For our younger guests, we’re a place to play, learn and be themselves. For parents, we’re a small retreat, a resource, and a place to connect with others.
Our staff connect with our guests, laugh with them, and improve their day. We go beyond providing customized beverages, nutritious food, and other delicious creations. Since we’re not a daycare, parents are responsible for their children and our team is focused on creating an amazing experience for our guests–both big and small.
This job is for you if you are:
- able to genuinely connect with our guests - making a difference in their day and responding to their needs through clear and pleasant communication
- a mature and reliable team-player who is willing to go the extra mile when needed
- willing to learn and grow in your role and take on leadership opportunities
- looking for full-time or part-time hours with shifts primarily on weekdays between the hours of 8:00 am - 5:30 pm, however some evening work and weekend shifts will be required
- take, make and serve specialty food and beverage orders
- maintain a clean and sanitized work area
- baking muffins, bagels, pastries, cookies and other treats
- payment processing (for both the cafe and play area)
- regular equipment maintenance and cleaning
- cleaning and sanitizing guest areas
- maintaining inventory as required
- maintaining product knowledge
- supporting events including workshops and birthday parties
- opening and closing procedures
- evaluating menu options and make changes as necessary
- manage emergency situations
- manage conflict and demonstrate patience when interacting with guests
- providing support to the play area and other team members as required
- creating a positive experience for all of our guests
Preference will go to candidates who have:
- experience working in a cafe environment
- experience working with children
- first aid certified
- food handler certification
All successful candidates must provide a clean Vulnerable Sector Check prior to commencing employment.
If this position sounds of interest to you please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the your name and Barista in the subject line.