Do you love meeting great people? Want to join a growing team and a business that makes a difference in our community? Play-A-Latte Cafe is currently hiring creative and outgoing individuals for part-time Barista roles.
Play-A-Latte is like no other cafe, a specialty cafe, indoor playground and a retail shop all under one roof. We strive to be the highlight of the day for our guests–even if it's virtually or curb side. For our younger guests, we’re a place to play, learn and be themselves. For adults, we’re a small retreat, a resource, and a place to connect with others. We're supporters of other small businesses, organizations looking to make a difference and always finding ways to support the amazing community we're in.
Our staff connect with our guests, get to know them, laugh with them, and improve their day. We go beyond providing customized beverages, great food, and other delicious creations.
This job is for you if you are:
- able to genuinely connect with our guests - making a difference in their day and responding to their needs through clear and pleasant communication
- a mature and reliable team-player who is willing to go the extra mile when needed
- willing to learn and grow in your role and take on leadership opportunities
- looking for for part-time hours with shifts primarily between the hours of 8:00 am - 5:30 pm, however some evening shifts will be required
- take orders, make and serve specialty food and beverage orders
- prepare online orders for pick up or 3rd party delivery
- maintain a clean and sanitized work area
- baking muffins, bagels, pastries, cookies and other treats
- payment processing (for both the cafe and play area) using Shopify
- cleaning and sanitizing guest areas, play equipment, and food services areas
- receiving and stocking weekly inventory
- maintaining product knowledge of cafe and retail shop
- supporting events including workshops and birthday parties
- opening and closing procedures
- evaluating menu options and make changes as necessary
- manage emergency situations
- manage conflict and demonstrate patience when interacting with guests
- creating a positive experience for all of our guests
Preference will go to candidates who have:
- experience working in a cafe environment
- experience working with children
- first aid certified
- food handler certification
- smart serve certification
Salary: $14.25 - $16.00/hour
Covid-19 Considerations: Face mask required for entry to cafe. Personal protective equipment provided or required. Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place. Cannot work remotely.
All successful candidates must provide a clean Vulnerable Sector Check prior to commencing employment.
If this position sounds of interest to you please submit a PDF of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the your name and Barista in the subject line by May 14, 2021 at 11:59pm