Early Childhood Educator
Play-A-Latte Cafe is currently hiring creative and outgoing individuals for full-time and part-time Early Childhood Educator (ECE) roles in a unique opportunity geared towards families.
Play-A-Latte is like no other cafe. Our vision is to be a highlight of the day for our guests. For our younger guests, we’re a place to play, learn and be themselves. For parents, we’re a small retreat, a resource, and a place to connect with others.
Our staff connect with our guests, laugh with them, and improve their day. We go beyond providing customized beverages, nutritious food, and other delicious creations. Since we’re not a daycare, parents are responsible for their children and our team is focused on creating an amazing experience for our guests–both big and small.
This job is for you if you are:
- able to genuinely connect with our guests - making a difference in their day and responding to their needs through clear and pleasant communication
- a mature and reliable team-player who is willing to go the extra mile when needed
- willing to learn and grow in your role and take on leadership opportunities
As an ECE responsibilities include:
- developing, planning, organizing and implementing programs for children aged 0 - 5
- running daily programs focused on stimulating the intellectual, physical, emotional and social growth of our littlest guests
- lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, providing opportunities to express creativity through art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- ongoing assessment of individual’s abilities and interests and needs and to create on the spot solutions
- evaluate programming and make changes as deemed necessary
- maintain appropriate records and documentation.
- some cleaning, inventory management and other duties as assigned
- manage emergency situations and provide first aid when necessary
- manage conflict and demonstrate patience when interacting with difficult guests
- providing support to the cafe and other team members as required
- creating a positive experience for our guests
Preference will go to candidates who have:
- Completion of a two- to four-year college program in early childhood education or a bachelor's degree in child development
- Registration with appropriate college.
- first aid certified
- food handler certification
- Experience working in a cafe environment
- 2+ years experience working as an ECE preferred but not necessary
All successful candidates must provide a clean Vulnerable Sector Check prior to commencing employment.
If this position sounds of interest to you please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the your name and Early Childhood Educator in the subject line.